Tuesday 4 May 2010

'I'm going to cast my vote for whoever offers free driving lessons to people whose names begin with 'J' :)

The election is coming up, and with all the hype about it I feel tired.

I can't even vote yet but I don't think I realised how CRAZY MPs go with campaigns. I think thats because when Brown was first our PM I didn't really care much, as long as he didn't abolish The Simpsons. :D

Everyone's talking about it, and I KNOW that in our democratic society it's important that we know all the facts before we vote. But we need an Obama. If I was going to vote I would have no idea. Should I just follow the crowd and vote for Cleggy, because he is about 10000% more attractive than the others?

I don't know. As an August baby, I am a bit gutted that I cannot vote basically. I have watched 2 of the 3 TV debates and now I was to REP ENGLAND and contribute to the success of one of the leaders. I am rambling. Slow news day, I guess.

On the way to Southampton yesterday, I was on a bus when we went past a man on the side of the road holding up a cardboard sign with 'LONDON' written on it. I have never seen that before, except from homeless people in movies. It made me think about whether I would ever be willing to pick up a hitchhiker, even if I WAS heading to london. If I was in his situation (whatever that situation might be) I would begrudge everyone who drove past unashamedly.

Any good samaritans?

But if I was in the drivers seat (literally) would I pick up a stranger?

He looked foreign, so he was OBVIOUSLY a terrorist/ illegal immigrant/ gypsy/ some one who will kill or eat my children.

There would be some hitchhikers (MOST!) who have good intentions. They want to go to London but can't afford train fare (it IS quite a lot) but would you be willing to spend an hour in the car with someone you didn't know, who maybe doesn't speak your language, even if it WAS for a good deed?

It would be nice to hear what people think, I cannot decide!!

In sociology workshop today my teacher freaked out because he saw a rat near the entrance to Ashurst. It was a BIG rat but I wasn't too grossed out. I have seen RATATOUILLE. All rats are friendly and just want to cook :)

No comments: