Monday 1 June 2009

The Hoosiers - Worried about MEG?

When I went to Wales last week, we visited some old family friends.
The Schadebergs, they used to live round the corner from us.
Wolf&Ceri, and their kids Eluned, Bronwen and Megan (stunning names!)

Basically, when we used to visit them in Chandlers Ford, I'd help them make cakes (they were 6, 8 and 10 years old at this point) and play with barbies whatever, and it was awesome, because they are SO cute.

But when we visited them in Talog, Wales, I was SO worried about Meg (12 now, same age as my brother!)

Bronwen and Eluned love it there. They own a farm, in the middle of nowhere, with 60 acres and the most gorgeous kittens in the world :] and alpacas :D

But when Meg was showing us around, while E&B were attacking us with water pistols, I started asking her about how school was, and life in general.

I really wanted to kidnap her and bring her back home, so she can see all her old friends and go to Thornden like she wanted to. Instead shes at this school which is a 30min drive away from her house, wearing icky uniform, and being one of the few people there who isn't welsh.

Which is fine, kind of.

But then she started going on about how she would get teased, apparently because she was English as well as the fact that she was sporty. At Thornden, we would IDOLISE the sporty people and admire them, while we would sit on our arses and talk about Friends or Scrubs or something!!

Also, apparently she got bullied for pronouncing Primark like 'PRY-MARK' (which is how its actually said!) rather than 'PREE-MARK' (which is how silly welshians say it!)

And she's quite shy, which makes her more vulnerable. She is the LOVELIEST pre-teen that I know in the world, she was showing us around and helping us when she fell in the mud, and offering us drinks and stuff (my brother could take some advice from her host-wise!)

So it made me sad, that she wasn't happy at school. She missed all her friends, she missed Chandlers Ford, the rec. Everything I actually take for granted. But thinking about it, if my parents wanted to move house right now, I would refuse. Chandlers Ford can be SO SO boring sometimes, but its home. -sigh-

Another thing was her mum. I love Ceri SO SO much, shes lovely. But she actually bullies her daughter =I I asked Meg whether she liked swimming 6 times a week. She was like 'sometimes..; and her mum piped in 'You will be in 2012, and I am giving you this opportunity which I didn't have. You love it really' Which scared me. It was like she was a pushy mum, and Meg was a trophy kid =I

I've never had issues with my parents like that. I mean, they are always urging me to do more revision, or (esp my mum) lose a few pounds :S but they have never FORCED me to do anything. And if they did I would just refuse. I don't think Meg would be able to. If my parents reckon I should start up a new sport, I would try some out. I tried Swimming, found it too competitive. I tried Hockey, it wasn't my thing. I tried Tennis, I just plain SUCKED. But then I tried Netball, Basketball and later Badminton, and I loved them! (Even though I still sucked!)

But I can ditch them of I want. Sometimes I DO wish my parents were more pushy, then I would actually get off my fat arse and REVISE FOR THE HISTORY EXAM 2MZ rather than updating my blog and watching Scrubs :P

I've never really had a major issue with bullying either. I used to get picked on at Hiltingbury because I was a bit tomboy-ish, and I liked flashing my knickers at everyone (esp Ryan Osman, for some reason. He was my first loverr!!) and at Thornden I was still into Busted and BEPs while everyone had focused on sex or NAUGHTY things. Like BOYFRIENDS :O and in year 8 I got cacked my Maz. I still hate her. I've had a few tiffs with people, all the same.

But I have a stream of mates I've had since primary school. They are my bodyguards :D So I've never been too down about it. So it really upset me that someone as LOVELY as Meg would get bullied. I guess she acts differently at school, when she doesn't know anybody. I can be real shy around people I don't know, unless I've had some Malibu or Strongbow :P

ANYWAY. I should revise. gah.

Sorry about this rant, I'm just a bit meh about everything, esp Meg.

No comments: