Sunday 31 May 2009

'Wow, I feel like Hugh Heffner!'

First things first.
I'm with Katie - I am going to FAIL history.
and media.
and...life :(

I'm not too worried about media. It's basically some narrative and audience theories that can get a bit complicated, and A LOT of weird technical jargon =I my issue with media has always been the structure of the essay, rather than the content.

History however, I AM SCREWED.

Gemma phoned me the other day trying to convince me to drop history rather than media.
Fair douse, it's a 'better' subject, I guess. BUT RIGHT NOW I WANT TO STAB IT!

Stalin, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, EVERY SINGLE BRITISH PRESIDENT IN THE WORLD (kind of...)....why is everyones political lives SO COMPLICATED!

I just got back from Wales, which was lovely and beachy and sunny, Tenby had some AMAZING shops, but I barely managed to do ANY revision during the day because of the sun and prospect of TANNING. I barely managed to do any revision during the evening because I was preoccupied. EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.
....Watching Britain's got talent, or the apprentice 8) I AM TOO COOL!

[It was so addictive, although I was fully aware of the trashy-ness and brainwash-ing ness..all my media audience theories COMPLETELY ignored! I am just so so so happy Diversity won. If susan or hollie won, I would have DIED! They were both annoying and overrated. I love Stavros too though, they were AMAZING!]

Anyways, other than the seagulls, the huge amount of PDA, and the chavs, and the fact that we stayed right next to a club, which liked playing cheesy 90s tracks til the early hours, Wales was awesome :] had to share a room with Nick though, which was a bit annoying. But he gave me a lot of candy, which isn't :D

We were about 12 milliseconds away from the beach, it was awesome!

I LOVE THE WELSH ACCENT, so so much. I might marry the ugliest, most annoying welshman on the planet, just to hear him speak. -swoon-

There was this awesome guy called Norm, who owned a little convenience store about 5 secs from our place. He was a legend. Kinda looked like Ardal O'Hanlon, which cracked me up.

He was awesome though, he gave us free sweets :] I think either he thought I was about 10 years old, or he was VERY patronising.

Sure, I'm annoyed I missed Cobra Starship gig, Holly's party, Tom's party and 2 shopping outings, but it was stilll pretty cool.

The PDA, gahhh the effing PDA!

I keep saying PDA now, since my sister starting using it. 'Public Displays of Affection'

Now, everyone gets excited about sunshine, and sand, and the sea. But EW.

I've always been a bit weird about people making out IN MY FACE, but this was RIDICULOUS. It was inappropraite in front of young kids though. KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS, Saundersfoot!

Thats another point, the kids on the beach were SO cute!! I think I was verging on passive paedophile XD

I WANT A BABY.

I actually kept saying that to my parents, which on hindsight must have been weird.

They persuaded me to leave it until after uni, at least :D

It was a fab break, playing basketball and tennis like a COMPLETE fool (which is hard if you're playing against UBER competitive people, like my MALE side of the family...)

and tennis BAREFOOT, on BOILING HOT tarmac is not a good idea. Ow ow ow.

My feet are dead. But it was worth it. I could have challenged Nadal to a match :D

Oh. and my brother reckons hes destined to be a PM when hes older.

He has a birthmark on his arm which KINDA looks like a map of GBR.

Who'd have thought? :D


Anyways, now for a little bit of mathematics.


Wales+Sun+Sand+The apprentice = Pretty good.

Wales+Sun+Sand- PDA+The apprentice+Jason Maraz/Daniel Merriweather/Michael Franti/Bob Marley (in mp3 form, not in person form unfortunately) = AMAZING!! (Y)


Good luck with exams everyone, I should probably get back to revision =I


P.S The quote in the title is from James (The Apprentice) HE MUST WIN!

No comments: