Monday 18 May 2009

Major shampoo EXPLOSION!

It's official. I'm more than halfway through the exams, and although I shouldn't be putting my feet up JUST yet - it feels AMAZING. But I have my three hardest exams left. Media and History.

-cough- Media IS a real subject, dammit! And IS real hard - whatever you might think!

My socio exam didn't go TOO bad today, it was nice not wearing shoes in the exam, it seemed weird yet cosy :D (I was in Mercers Sports Hall. I think if you wear black soled shoes they will literally THROW you into the electric chair. It's their pride and joy!) :P

The Chief Invigilator looked like Hatrry Enfield. (comedian, Tony's dad in Skins?)

This amused me. And REALLY distracted me too!!

And Mark Watson's look-a-like sat next to me on the bus. I WISH IT WAS THE REAL GUY!




-sigh-


The other day, I understood why Symonds has a stereotype for being posh. Most of the people I know are uber preppy, or VKs, or inbetweeners, but the other day I was in a seminar room with Meg, Charlie and some people I didn't know. I will call this people the Posh Totty. (like in the movie St Trinians? The chavs, the nerds, the emos, the POSH TOTTY! Great film :0 Colin Firrrth) <3>ANYWAYS.


It was like talking to an alien race. This sounds uber bitchy, because they were actually SO SO nice, when they weren't talking about themselves, but it was weird. 5 of them had applied to a job at Hollister. Which is fair enough. I don't like it how people in Hollister/Jack Wills get judged by their looks (so if you get rejected you just feel UGLY, rather than boring or unsuitable) but when I was in New York last summer, it really made a difference having the yummy topless guys at the front of the shop. Although it made me and the whole company annoying shallow.

ANYWAYS. These girls were OBSESSING over Hollister. Everytime their [expensive, designer, jewel encrusted] phones went off they would squeal and go 'HOLLISTER! OMG OMG OMG! Maybe I've got the job! - Dammit, its only [insert name here]'

Then one of the girls got a call from her mum. Because I was in the middle of a convo with her she explained to me that 'training' was cancelled and she had to let her mum know. Fair enough. Swimming training? Maths training? Athletics training?

No. POLO training. Now this nearly made me laugh. I guess I was jealous about her being loaded/spoilt/naturally smart, but I have NEVER met anyone who actually plays polo. I thought it was literally restricted to Princes William and Harry. Oh. How naive I am.

Then they started going on about labels I've never heard of, designers I would never be seen in, shoes I'll never be rich enough to buy (even with my £5.99 an hour at Superdrug!)

Well, I'm happy with faithful New Look, Primark :$ and hand-me-downs :(

Now I know what Bowles and Gintis (Sociologists) meant by 'alienation.'

I am a feeble working class female in a meritocratic, capitalist, patriarchal society.

They are the Upper class, experiencing high culture and not being affected by the recession.

And not having to sell stupidly expensive mascaras, to people who don't want to buy them.


:( Society sucks.

No comments: