Sunday 26 July 2009

And I'll sit and wonder Of every love that could've been. If I'd only thought of something charming to say. (8)

Sound of Settling - Death Cab.

I LOVE THAT SONG.


Anyways, ARUNDEL WAS AWESOME.

I have too much to say about it, so I'll try and sum up.

Best people in the world. Beaches. SUNSHINE! 2p slot machines. Dance mats. Nutella Sandwiches EVERYDAY (haha). Playing 'kiss, marry, push off a cliff' with the girlies after midnight. Poi. Pizza Express. Sunbathing. Swimming. Failing at snooker. Cute kids EVERYWHERE. Sexual-ness (mainly on Tom and Becky's partt!) Shopping with guys, and NOT hating it. Brighton. Little Hampton. Walking everywhere, and NOT dying/moaning too much! Cheap train journeys. Ice cream. Pouch for a pound :P

I think thats it.

Check out the pics on facebook (Tom's photos, or the ones I'm tagged in) it was just so much fun!

I met this really REALLY interesting guy in Sociology a while ago, but I haven't managed to mention him before.

He is the epitome of everything I want to be, but can NEVER be.

Basically, we were discussing the pros and cons of globalisation. Our group was supposed to be FOR it. But he was SO against it.

He hates Tescos, designer labels, generic shops. Instead he shops in charity shops, or jumble sales. To admit this to a class DOMINATED by Jack Will-ians was probably the bravest thing I have ever seen.

I have always craved to be an 'individual', although losing my sense of indiv. since year 9 and going into college, I NEED to fit in. He wasn't scared to admit that he buys his clothes second hand, or that he refuses to buy food anywhere other than local farm stores (he must STARVE at college!) and I really admire that. So many people declare that they are individual because of the clothes they wear, or the fact that they wear odd socks, or leg warmers in the summer. Yet this guy is an individual in terms of his morals and principles, and I appreciate that.

I haven't lost faith in ALL of society.

Except after we were discussing this, he argued about how religion was expolitative and a waste of time. What a prat. But noones perfect :)

1 comment:

IchiNiiSan said...

Interesting post!

But the problem seemingly, with this guy, is tht he seems so obsessed with non-conformity that he wants to alienate himself from society. And in the end of the day, if he act's completely different from the majority, his quality of life will suffer. I'm sure there is a sociological name for all i'm saying but there must be a boundary, realistically, upon which resistance becomes too much.

If you want to know more, read George Orwell's 1984. It talks alot about supressive governments, conforming societies, and sensible forms of resistance, such as love, rebellion etc.

and 2p slot machines ftw! Did you win a chessy keyring!?