Thursday 8 October 2009

ENTER SHIKARI!!!

....was amazing :]

Hot. Squishy. Sweat. Condoms.

Haha, at the start a bunch of prepubescent guys thought it would be fun to entertain themselves (and everyone else, apparently) by blowing up condoms and chucking them around. If you burst one then you would automatically become the most hated person in the Guildhall. Possibly in the whole of Southampton, LOL.

Basically, Tues night was Shikari-loving :) I went with Haz which I thought would be awkward (shes gone pretty Jack Wills-ish since college!) but it was proper fun.

THE LEGEND THAT IS MATTHEW DOWNER LET US QUEUE JUMP WITH HIM!

So I spent the whole night right at the front. Lots of bummage =/ Mainly from old sweaty topless men. Nice.

The support bands, to put it mildly, were pretty SHIT but we had a RAVE crowd which made it funnn :]

There was this really nice guy with a green/yellow/red mohican who stood by me and because he was tall (and lets face it, compared to the majority of the people in the room, i was a MIDGET) everytime he got water from the front he would always make sure I got some.

(When the gig finished and everyone was outside, I was SO excited about life I actually went over and gave him a sweaty hug, and thanked him so much...I think he was a bit freaked out. But last year I didnt get any water until I got home, so I had to concentrate on NOT DYING rather than the music!!)

ENTER SHIKARI WERE AMAZING.

Rory jumped into the crowd at the end and I grabbed his face. :)

And Matt got the setlist so I hate him now (and I still hate Katie for getting the Michael Franti setlist, aha!)

Anyways, they were amazing.

I hate it how Rob, my favourite Shikarian, is a drummer....

Means hes always at the back and never able to jump on speakers/into the crowd.

My mission will be to create compact drum kits, so it WILL be possible :)

But yeah.

Fun night :)

Better than last year :)

Didn't play 'Anything can happen in the next half hour' or 'Jonny Sniper' (or 'Adieu, but thats not really a GIG song!!'

:) x

No comments: