Sunday 7 March 2010

Sheffield. No naked stripper guys, like in full monty :(

I feel like I haven't blogged for a while.

Work was nice today.
Barn dancing was fun last night
V for Vendetta is a good movie.
I like it when people give me chocolate oreos as a present - it makes my day.
I don't like running out of credit.

I HAVENT CHATTED ABOUT SHEFFIELD AT ALL! gahh!

I went to Sheffield last wednesday (missed general studies again...SHAME!) I must've been to G.S about once this year :P


We got completely lost on the way to Sheffield (we got lost in London on the way back... which is in the wrong direction, and basingstoke on the way there. we got lost in basingstoke. BASINGSTOKE! my mum cannot drive and i cannot give directions!!) My mum told me that she hasn't driven by herself any further than Bristol (which is where she was born) EVER. Because Dad always drives everywhere. GREAT. Tell me this when I am IN THE CAR ON THE WAY TO A UNI, WHICH WE HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT IS.

I fell in love with Sheffield, initially because it has a TRAM SERVICE... my mum had to depress me by saying that it was a 'bus attached to a rail with a rope..' but i thought it was real awesome!

I was expecting Sheffield to be really industrial, smelly, smoky with lots of factories... but I only saw ONE! (The full monty gave me an incorrect impression of the place!)

Its about 30secs away from the town too, which is always nice :)

The tour guide we had was really friendly, and the lecturers we had were nice too :D One was really camp (and my mum fell in love with him) and one was called Kook-hee (and I fell in love with her!)

I met a really nice girl too, who me and my mum kinda adopted (because she didnt have her parents with her.. she just popped over from Leeds!) She said she lived in a council flat, and I was shocked my her lack of Mackenzie/Cabrini/Nike clothing :D She looked surprisingly NORMAL.

When we were waiting for the first lecture, this girl approached the vending machine that we were standing by, and went for a bottle of coke. She was wearing clothes that most people wouldn't wear to college, let alone an open day. Most people wouldn't even wear it to a birthday party, clubbing or a formal do! She looked SO overdressed and I though OH. A SPOILT BRAT. I hate to stereotype, but I was right. The machine wouldn't accept her £1 so she stormed up to her dad and started swearing at him, saying 'I fucking hate my life, and I fucking hate you! Give me more money!' and her dad (incidently, wearing Ralph Lauren) reached into his pockets and gave her £20. In some ways, I would LOVE it if my parents gave me money. But she must be such a bitch to her parents.. oh well.

My mum wants me to go to Sheffield because there is a Morrisons near the uni. YAY.

I want to go to Sheffield because there is a STAR TREK SOCIETY and Eddie Izzard went there, and he is just awesome. Maybe I will MEET HIM, and marry him :)

The only downside to Sheffield is the distance.. the other unis I want to go to are only a few hours away.. so thats a bit of a bummer.

Hope everyone liked their results today :)

No comments: