Tuesday 16 March 2010

SLAMS!

I started helping out at this youth club after christmas..
a youth club for teens with mental disabilities (yes, laugh all you like, but i am NOT someone who goes.. I am a volunteer!)

We had a fun little party tonight, with wii sports and pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey and musical statue and... KARAOKE.

It seems that I am too scared to sing karaoke, or on guitar hero, with my own friends (who can joke if I suck at singing, and whoop if I am...AWESOME) but when it comes to singing in front of a bunch of hyper, lovely people I barely know, I will happily warble to 'Dancing Queen' and 'It's raining men' and'Wake me up before you go-go' like there's no tomorrow.

But it made me feel a bit sad.. I used to love singing in little cheesy shows at school and with the Girl Guides :) but now I have no confidence in my singing... which is something that I used to feel really passionate about, and I used to really enjoy..

Now my life is just WORK and COURSEWORK and MATALAN-STUFF and ESSAYS and I feel like I have no time to CHILL. So I have been getting stressed out lately and more.. sensitive (if that makes sense) and although i guess that it will be over by July.. I just want to SLEEP.

Gah. College is silly.

No comments: