Saturday 3 January 2009

Ok.

Its a new year.
(and thanks for the partyy andrew!! AWESOMEE!)

I swear on the 1st January everyone is like 'WHOA. 2009 is going to be amazing...(for some reason)...everything's going to be ok in 2009...'
and by the 3rd January the reality kicks in.

England STILL has rubbish weather, in 2009.
There is STILL war, poverty and chavs.
And I don't want to sound like a COMPLETE pessimist, but everyone makes up new years resolutions that last about a week.
Stop eating so much chocolate.
Stop smoking.
Stop shopping so much.

DON'T KID YOURSELF MATE, it's not going to work.

Fair enough, I reckon if we try hard enough 2009 WILL be amazing :)
but tbh 2008 was pretty awesome too.
I mean, on a personal level, there wasn't much MAJORLY bad stuff that happened in 2008.
Except my fish died :'( and some petty stuff I won't go into..

But I'm going to try and come up with some proper new years resolutions, REALISTIC ONES, that I will aim to achieve :]

sure, I want to 'tone up/lose weight/get rid of baby weight' BUT I LOVE CHOCOLATE :P

1. Go to Symonds gym more(because, it's not actually torture!) It's fun. most of the time, and I've met some awesome people there :D

2. Be more appreciative towards my friends. Everyone moans about how they've been blanked/felt left out by their friends, but I've realised recently that I need to really stop and listen to what they are saying, and be more supportive. Admittedly everyone has friends that let them down, but doesn't mean that you can do the same to them.

3. Kind of like #2, say 'I LOVE YOU' less. It sounds weird, but i always say ILY online or loveyoubabes or whatever, I think it's lost meaning. Like Snow Patrol's 'Chasing Cars' says - (8) Those three words, are said too much, it's not enough (8)

4. I really want to walk into Winchester sometime. It would take HOURS and i might die, but I really want to do it! Like, a sponsored thing that isn't sponsored, I guess.

5. Eat a Kinder egg. SERIOUSLY, I'VE NEVER HAD ONE!

6. Be more generous. I used to think that by not being generous i.e not giving random sweets to my brother, or treating my friends/family randomly, I'd be saving money. But I have shopping issues myself, which means I'm able to spend money on MYSELF, rather than my friends.

7. Listen more. I can get really impatient, and lose concentration on something really easily. Which annoys myself and everyone else!

8. Not get sacked from Superdrug. I've had two warnings so far...I love my job and need to make sure it stays that way!

I can't think of any more at the moment.

I've heard a few people who have said 'My new years resolution is to not be single.'

and yes. I used to have that resolution too! But I've since realised that you can't really FORCE anything to happen. I guess I'm a bit of a 'fate' person. If it's gonna happen, it'll happen.

ALL YOU SINGLETONS. Be happy at the moment, your friends love you, and I bet that guy/girl you like loves you too. GOOD LUCK FOR THE FUTURE. Don't mess it up :D



Ciao!


P.S I normally HATE the band Take That, but their latest album is A W E S O M E E E E :D

1 comment:

IchiNiiSan said...

Wow,that is rather big and truthful!
I've already given up on mine. And decided to find a way to destroy the lonliness of individuality. Eh!? that makes no sense does it! and Kinder Egg's!? Lush!