Sunday 26 April 2009

S is for 'Forrest Gump'

Gah. I have a cold. Its no fun :’(
I get about a billion colds a year. LAME.
Managed to use a WHOLE box of Kleenex last night, and was too ill to sleep so decided to watch scrubs and the simple life. And ‘Quiz call’
Those shows are embarrassing.
A guy is employed to prance around the screen going ‘CALL US! YOU HAVE 3 MINUTES LEFT! IT’S A BARGAIN! YOU CAN’T LOSE!’
And then you do lose.

Basically, I hate ALL phoning-in things.
Ever since this time I phoned up 'Live and Kicking' (I miss classic Saturday morning TV) to tell them that the name of the boy in Jungle Book was Mowgli, and I didn’t get through. I was SO heartbroken!
I WANTED THE FURRY MONKEY!
And the annoying thing was that the person who won it was called Jenny too. Or IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN ‘Janey’.. anyway it was kind of like my name =/

Anyway I was watching this ‘Quiz Call’ thing (Im not weird, I was DYING! I have an excuse!)
The aim was to name a film beginning with ‘S’, ring up and you could win SO MUCH MONEY! (like, £75)
It was painful
‘UM, IS IT FORREST GUMP?’
Yes. Forrest Gump begins with an ‘S’

What is wrong with these people. Sure, it was 3am…but I don’t get LETTERS confused when I’m up at 3am! I just get GROUCHY!

So I’ve been at home in my PJs ALL DAY today (Sundays are lame anyway!) listening to music. I have a new obsession with cover versions. GOOD cover versions. Like:

Cobra starship – billie jean [jacko]
Pixie lott – use somebody [kings of leon]
Rascall flats – what hurts the most [cascada]
Dr ironick – everytime we touch [cascada]
All time low – uumbrella [rihanna]
Dizzee rascal – that’s not my name [ting tings]
n-dubz – about you now [sugababes]

and omigosh

Playradioplay’s version of Mr Brightside. Phwoar.

I used to hate it, coz it IS kind of weird. But it’s grown on me :]

They kinda sing the song, but keep to their own genre.

I can’t explain what playradioplay are like…

Wikipedia describes them as Indie/Powerpop/Indietronic.

I don’t get what that means, but they are amazing (and Dan’s birthday is two days after mine!) But hes 3 years older….not TOO much of an age gap

-prepares marriage-

Aha.


But CHECK THEM OUT. YOUTUBE!

They are a bit marmite-y though. You LOVE them (i.e me)


..or you hate them (i.e scene kids and preppsters)

And im obsessed with ‘wordplay’ by Jason Mraz.

But I won’t go on about him, because I won’t stop. I blame Andrew, for introducing me to him, and now I have 48 songs by him on my zen XD

Good old youtube – mp3 converter c/o of kim! (Y)

I sound like a PC nerd.


oh. familys back from tennis tournament. i need to look like im revising :D


ciao for now! x

No comments: