Thursday 11 February 2010

The dreaded V- word.

Why does everyone make such a big deal out of Valentines day?

I quite like how Symonds is doing a lot more fun things, to celebrate Valentines day. Just an excuse to set up a sex clinic I guess 'In and out...nice choice of name!'

But I do not like how shops seem to go crazy, and want to make a big deal out of it.. 'BUY THIS, OR YOU WILL END UP GETTING DIVORCED!' 'BUY THIS, AND YOU WILL GET LAAAAAID!'

Like Matalan. The more teddies we sell, the better. (apparently...)

But what I like LEAST is how people react to Valentines day. I mean, if you are in a relationship, feel free to give prezzies and love. But why have a set date for it? Why can't you give prezzies on any other day?

(Becky's mums bf giving her a bracelet to celebrate a 'happy friday' is possibly the cutest thing ever.)

Valentines day has always seemed a bit overreacted to me. But maybe that is because I have never been in a relationship over Valentines day, so I have grown a bit cynical towards it. But I have never really got DEPRESSED about it. I would make heart-shaped cookies in Brownies, or Valentines day cards at Guides or whatever, but then I would give them to my mum :)

Even people who AREN'T in a relationship are silly on Valentines day. If you are not in a relationship, why is that? Is that your choice? If not, why are you scared to tell that person how you feel? Obviously, doing that doesn't always work out (as I learnt a while ago) but there is not need to get depressed about V.Day. People who say V.day is the WORST DAY EVER is silly. If you avoid watching rom coms and avoid going to posh restaurants, where loved-up couples may be, then you are fine.

A few years ago I met up with some friends for V.day and we just had a laugh and watched a movie and it was FUN. So I don't understand why people get to hostile towards V.day.

Have a fun day wiith friends, or start planning a FANTASTIC half term :)

I have always ignored 'Valentines day' so it passes me by. 14th February is my half-birthday. So I expect lots of half-cakes and half-prezzies and cookies ripped in two, thanks :) I am one day closer to being an 18-er :O

No comments: