Sunday 28 February 2010

'I am sorry to alarm you my darling, but there is a chinese family in our bathroom.'

(500) days of summer is an awesome film!
Kathy had a Blockbuster voucher and got that film and I thought it would be another icky chick flick (which I LOVE, but they are pretty same-ish...) but it is so good.

WATCH IT.

I had an interesting convo with my dad today. Interesting, but short lived.

We were in the kitchen (whilst Nick was dancing to 'Fight for this love' but instead saying 'We gotta file, file, file, file, file for divorce... what a witty child) when a contraception ad came on.

AWKWARD. On the advert the woman said 'Contraception. Worth talking about.' My dad then decided to glare at me and say 'NO. ITS NOT WORTH TALKING ABOUT.'

In a jokey way.. not in a Catholic we-hate-contraception-and-abortion-and-everything way!

Then he started on a lecture. Which as even more awkward... 'If you had a baby, I wouldn't be angry. I would be happy, because I would know that you had made the decision to conceive it and you wouldn't have given into pressure from anyone and you wouldn't have been taken advantage of.' MORE GLARING. 'I would be happy because it would be a decision that you had made.'

So then Nick turned around and said 'I would be happy because then everyone would shut up about unis.'

Which sums up my life. Birmingham uni is STILL being gay (apparently there is a SCANDAL which involves a sociology lecturer plaigarising some of his work... it would be funny if it had happened to ANY OTHER DEPARTMENT.) and sheffield changed the open day dates without letting me know, and all my buddies (well, all FOUR of them) that I made at Surrey are ignoring me.

WHY WON'T YOU RETURN MY CALLS? (here, read 'facebook wall comments!)

On a lighter note, went to see Lostprophets on friday with Katy, Andrew, Becky, Chris and Adam :) saw Matt Betts and Savage and Jack Beattie there too, which was nice (ever since they ditched the bluestar-bus crew I never see them anymore!) and we also saw the love of Becky's life :D

(long story..)

but although the first support act (called Shark) was CRAP, kids in glass houses were pretty good (even though I only knew about 3 of their songs!) and lostprophets were AWESOME.

We were near enough to the front that I could see Ian Watkins' beautiful face, and far enough so I wouldn't get trampled on TOO much.

I liked it when Adam picked me up, there was this REALLY annoying guy in front who just pissed me off with his 6'5''-ishness, so it was nice to get a piggy back and actually SEE properly :)

The highlight of the evening must've been me groping Becky from behind, and Becky thinking it was Adam. :D the look on her face was PRICELESS.

I got a lostprophets wristband too, and received many a-compliment from my colleagues at work the next day :)

SO ONE MORE BAND TO TICK OFF THE LIST!

I will have to publish my list of MUST-SEE-BANDS-BEFORE-I-DIE... just in case you want to give me an early xmas present ;) but I will tell you now, Linkin Park will be at the VERY top :) Lostprophets are only my 2ND fave 'L.P' band :)


woo.


Hope everyone had a nice weekend :) I worked. yay. Literally 8 hours at work and 4 hours babysitting.

No comments: