Thursday 11 February 2010

Matter-Land.

I have decided that I need to chillax more and work less.
Extended project is being gay, media&sociology are being trigger-happy with essays, I have to practically teach myself english because one of my teachers is CRAP, and I am starting to worry about exams. ALREADY. also, I have begun to start freaking out about uni.

I mean, Symonds has been FUN. Particularly in AS. But I am starting to get fed up with it, so I AM looking forward to uni. Kinda. Just need to figure out which one is my FAVE (!)

On top of that, although Matalan is a BALL, I still don't feel a part of the clan.

I have decided to devise a list (haha, my best skill!) about Matalan.


Good things about Matalan.
They are real flexible with uni open days/holidays! (whereas Scott would make it more complicated then it needed to be!)
Everyone I have met is SO lovely (even though they are all extreme chavs or extreme emos!)
The duty manager, Becca, is SO nice. Everytime she calls me chick/babe I fall a little in love with herr!
Everyone who works there is SO friendly!
With the exception of one person, all the CUSTOMERS seem real friendly too!
They seem generally laid back about EVERYTHING, rather than being paranoid and accusing all the time!
We sell the CUTEST baby clothes. Which means babies come in. NEED I SAY MORE!
I know a couple of people from Thornden/through my sister/old times.
..shh...the pay is slightly more...





Bad things about Matalan.
EVERYONE SMOKES! When we all finish and wait at the front for lifts etc, everyone smokes. ew.
Apparently one of the managers, Alison (who interviewed me and seemed real nice!) has a bad side...
Because I only work 4 hour each time, we don't get a break. So after about 2 hours my feet ACHE and I really want some pie.
Other than a burger van outside (the gross-est one EVER!) there is no place to buy food. (apart from a couple of bags of wine gums) I miss choc dips in my lunch break, and boots meal deals :'(
Barely anyone there goes to Symonds. Whereas at Superdrug ALL the young-uns did!
The only surrounding shops are Pets at Home and Halfords.. so I cannot spend all my wages on the high street like I did before!! :'(

Thats all I can think of. But now I have settled down more, I do like Matalan a lot more. Which means one less thing to worry about, which is always good!! :)

No comments: