Thursday 4 February 2010

Farmville for the win :)

I feel weirdly happy at the moment.
Lately I have been pretty stressed out about coursework and E.P etc, but I am content.
And I have a belly full of ice cream and brownies.
HOORAY FOR FRANKIE AND BENNYS!
went out for a meal for Gemmas and it was actually pretty nice!
Saw some people from Barton that I havent seen since Gemma's LAST birthday, and it was nice catching up with my old bumchums Jack and Matt (and getting all excited about Lostprophets!)
aaand gossiping with my fave girlies about cheeky things ^__^

On a more random note, apparently Cymru is not the same as Corfu. Cymru is WALES and Corfu is in Greece. I thought they were the same thing, but my mummy and daddy laughed at me when they said I got confused between them :(

Also, I had some fun last night trying to explain that some band names in our current music era are COOL and not weird. It was fun trying to explain the meaning behind 'Black Eyed Peas' and 'Lady Gaga' because she reckons that they are silly. BLONDIE was blonde. THE JACKSON FIVE were the Jacksons, The Moody Blues were a bit grumpy...and now our musics names are silly.

ANYWAY. Um.. people may lose respect for me at this point.

Basically, the other day I started getting a TAD bored of farmville :O especially when I had run out of fuel, and couldnt be bothered to plow the field ALL by myself. :D I AM COOL.

So I had a sudden craving for Zoombinis.

I don't know if everyone has experienced the magic of Zoombinis, but we had it at Hiltingbury Junior school and basically you can create these little people (and you can change their hair/eyes/whether they have feet or rollerskates or a scooter or a hover thing or a SPRING!) and then you have to complete challenges to save your friends that are stuck in a cave. It is supposed to challenge your 'mathematical and logical mind.' But at Hiltingbury, I thought it was the funnest thing EVER.

So I picked it up from Winch Library and in a sad way, was SO SO SO excited about playing it.

Its aimed at 7years and up, but so are a lot of things, like Sims and Farmville :P

The thing is, after almost 10years since I last played it, it isnt as exciting as I remember. If you make ONE mistake, you have to start at the beginning by making your Zoombinis again, in Zoombiniville (imaginative name, ehh?) The voiceover was actually really annoying, and when I got stuck on certain challenges I was left feeling real stupid. I mean, THIS IS A GAME AIMED AT SEVEN YEAR OLDS! I HAVE PASSED MY GCSES AND AS LEVELS. YOU WOULD THINK I WOULD KNOW HOW TO FEED SOME 'BOOLIES' AND CROSS A BRIDGE OF TURTLES!!

Alas, I gave up. Maybe I should stick to Guitar Hero and -sigh- Call of BLOODY Duty :D





No comments: