Thursday 12 March 2009

'Your mum's an oxyMORON' :D

Apparently, my music taste doesn’t match my appearance.
Considering I like colour, and 'individuality' (my arse)
Whenever I talk to someone about music (which is kinda MY LIFE!) they all expect me to listen to pop music. Like Sugababes. ew. Or Girls Aloud. ew. (although, they ARE vairrrr pretty) :D

I’m really into Enter Shikari, Alexisonfire and Bullet, which are some pretty hardxcore tracks. I was talking to my mate about music, and apparently I didn’t have a punkrock FACE. Which is crazy. Just because I LOVE LOVE LOVE wearing colours, cardies, ballet pumps and bright hoodies (which are pretty much my trademark now!) doesn’t mean I can’t listen to emo music. I guess its weird because emo music is normally real depressing, and I never really look like a depressed person. I'm pretty optimistic. A happy-spreader. Emo music, or punk rock music, is associated with BLACK and BAND T-SHIRTS and SKELETON MOTIVES. (fair enough, I have ONE Band T-Shirt. But its Paramore. And It Has Colours on it. IT DOESNT COUNT!) I reckon because a lot of my friends are into R&B and Pop music and chart toppers, its weird that I’m into more rock music. Some of my guy mates (like james! My amazing new-music provider! legend!) bully me into listening to RHCP, All time Low and Jimmy Eat World and don’t expect me to actually LIKE that music!

Its like, whenever I go to a gig (..I havent actually been to one in 2009 though. LAME) and everyones got strange-coloured hair and BLACK CLOTHES and BLACK FACIAL EXPRESSIONS and BLACK PERSONALITIES and BLACK SENSE OF HUMOUR (lol) and im like (8) la la la. got my pink converses and my shorts and my paramore top! (8)
[my attempt to emo-fy myself!]

I used to be real indiv. (theres pics of me on bebo in strange clothes, i think) but now im boring and symondsy. i guess i just dont want to be judged by what i wear.

gah. its nice to get this off my chest [RAPE!] - lol sophie - its really funny when people are playing songs (like matt, who likes to play the GUESS-THE-NAME-OF-THE-SONG game on the bus home, and who never expects me to win! Bluetar #1, ftw) and they find it weird when i actually know the name of a song, or the LYRICS. haha.



Got my socio results today! I didnt fail (Y) thats all im going to say...

No comments: