Wednesday 4 March 2009

Obese? Moi? Well, apparently so...

YAY.
I have four followers.
Thats almost as good as the number of people who listened to 7radio when I was doing my show last friday (according to Matt the maximum was FIVE, at one time)
but its not my fault. my shows at LUNCH!
noone sits in ashurst listening to the radio at LUNCH!
except maybe james. whos always PHONING me in the middle of our show, when wer on air. haha.

I had a bit of a trashy MTV-watching fest last night. (after the trashy guitar hero-failing fest) The MTV fest actually lasted for about 20mins. That channels full of spoilt american barbies. haha.

Basically, I started watching 'Janice Dickinsons modelling agency,' which is one of those shows I'm secretly obsessed with, but too embarrased to tell anyone, like Paris Hiltons British Best Friend, Hollyoaks and Waterloo Road (MAXINE DIED!) :(

I'm normally fine with this show. They are all bitchy, egotistical and shallow, all the guys want to get in the girls pants, and they all hate Janice (the agent, who has had SO much plastic surgery its not even funny)

The issue I had with THIS show, was Janices' attitude towards curvier girls. The person who arranged who lived in the 'model house' decided that he wanted to 'break some barriers' in the model world, i.e BIG IS BEAUTIFUL. The three new girls weren't even chubby, barely even CURVY, but they had some fat on them. TRAUMA. When J met these girls she was all like 'I don't want to be associated with FAT.' and 'I had to work for my body, this isn't even natural' and all the newbies were all upset&eventually left. Although its always been kinda obvious, it made me realise how insecure people (mainly girls, I notice) can be about their bodies. The majority of my friends in college think they are overweight/are trying to aim to get the perfect 'beach body' in time for the summer, and therefore live on chewing gum and live in the gym. I keep telling them that they are stunning (which is true!) and one of my friends has the 'I will be more popular if I am skinny/I will get a boyfriend if I am skinny/maybe Jack Wills will give me a discount if I am skinny' attitude and it really bugs me, but I can't change that, however many times I tell her.

Thats the problem. Some people claim that they want to be skinny to 'fit in' better, or so more people will like them, but its mainly about how they see THEMSELVES. Which is annoying, because the majority of the girls at Symonds are gorgeous and skinny, but they think they have a deformed face/butt/nose.

I know a few people who have suffered from eating disorders, one situation affecting me a lot more than the others, but the number of people who are so insecure about their bodies (although they wouldn't class it as an illness) it crazy. Whenever I go to the gym (which nowadays, isn't that often) there's this guy who sits infront of the mirror, doing weights, for hours at a time. His arms are getting a bit Schwarzenegger-esque, which is weird for someone of 17 years old..Sure, sometimes girls are circling around him, giving him the opportunity to show off, but I am kinda concerned. And It's not just my girlies. One of my closest guy mates refuses to eat anything close to unhealthy. He says its because hes giving up snacks for Lent, but hes been doing it since before Xmas...

I don't really know if there really is ANYONE in the world who is 100% happy about their apperance. Every New Year, for the past few years, I aspire to stop eating CHOCOLATE! FOREVER! and MCDONALDS! FOR EVER! AND BOOTS MEAL DEALS! FOREVER! NEVER TOUCHING ANYTHING FATTY UNTIL I DIE! and I WILL EXERCISE! EVERYDAY! I..must...be..skinny! ITS THE LAW.

and then by the 4th January. I stop.

Two reasons. I have no self-control, and although I will always have insecurities about my body (which is why I DON'T want to play strip poker at a certain someones house!) FOOD IS GOOD.

Thats the moral of the story. Eat and just be happy in your own corps.

Whoa. This is probably the first blog I have ever written that actually MEANS something. Gee..

On a lighter note...

'Where is the rum gone? (Remix)' funny stuff. Check it out on youtube, kthxbi.

Johnny Depp :D I love him in POTC, Gilbert Grape, edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, Corpse Bride. I generally Love him. Haven't seen Sweeny Todd yet, and apparently hes in 'The Imaginarium of Dr Parnasuss (Heath Ledgers last film...NOT The Dark Knight, haha)


Anyway, thank you for reading and taking time to read my rant. Maybe when I become a younger Caitlin Moran I will thank my old readers :D BIG UP THE BLOGGERS, massivee!

And I have Twitter now, its strange...

3 comments:

EJ said...

hey totally agree with youy there Jenny, i watch Janice Dickinson too, and it really annoys me who skinny the girls are, and like a size 8/10 girl is considered cuvery and fat for modelling, it really peeves me off!!

And it doesnt help with other girls self confidents as all we see are these images of the 'prefect' body, i'm happy with mine, though i do have timeswhen i think i'd look better if i lost some weight.

I never could, i LOVE my food XD

And yes sweeny todd is amazing!! Johnny deep is classic!! i do recommed it, though it is a bit bloodly

Anonymous said...

Don;t worry Jen, I am a fatty and I like it. :D What would I do without my cake-and-chocolate scoffing sessions? Life would not be worth living.

Incidentally, I think you mean corpse. Corps are something different altogether...

Yours fatty-and-loving-it-ly

Matt said...

A little bit of fat never hurt anyone :)

Nice blog, very looooong but still cool :)