Wednesday 20 January 2010

Crap towns :D

Yesterday was an odd day.

Two cars collided in front of me on the way to college – I was literally METRES away from them. It was scary. There are still some smashed up car pieces on the road. Luckily no one was hurt :]

In first aid, Valerie asked me whether anyone would go back into a burning building if I was in there.. hurt and DYING. Only Verity said yes. (NB: I am not just hated by my whole group.. as first aiders we aren’t supposed to go into burning buildings! But still, I felt a little unloved. And embarrassed.)

I had my cervical cancer jab, and it didn’t hurt, LUCKILY. It just aches now, but on the way to the surgery my mum asked me if I could take a book back into the library. It was a book called ‘Baby names.’ OMG IS MY MUM PREGNANT? (ew, that means my parents had S-E-X)

No. She isn’t. She was just helping out at this youth club and she needed it to help her with a game, or something..

I HOPE SHE IS NOT LYING.

Anyways, I was going to have to rush for my appointment, and didn’t have time to return the book. But it was SO embarrassing taking a ‘Baby names’ book into the library. But I had a flick through (my name in Welsh is Guinevere!) and I got a LOT of odd looks from women and young cervical-jab people. I knew some of them as well, which made it awkward. Considering I look about 14 means that any POSSIBLY of being pregnant would be PRETTY shameful. (and another thing, my parents would kill me if I had babies before the age of… 40?)

:D today has been a bit blah though. Starting freaking out about my Socio exam. Socio revision workshop cancelled so I am freaking out EVEN MORE. Don’t feel very well. Arm hurts. Generally ill.

BLAH.

But I got an offer from Surrey, so WOO!


In English last year we were discussing a book called 'Crap Towns' (and I was one of the few who hadn't read it) Basically, these two guys set up a website where people can rant about where they live in Britain, or places they have visited which were icky. They then collect these rants and go to the places themselves and rant about them too.


ANYWAYS


WINCHESTER IS NUMBER #5 in the top 50 'crap towns' in the UK!


Whyyy?


apparently it is scarred by 'broken-beer bottle violence' and the houses are expensive. there was one incident when this guy was attacked by gangs. it happens everywhere. WHY WINCHESTER!??


I don't understand.


Primark might be coming to Winchester this summer (replacing BHS in the Brooks)


oh.

THAT'S why its number five :D


I love Primark. It's going to mess up the Cath Kidston/Jack Wills/LK Bennett/Jaeger vibe though.


WOO!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, your mum wasn't lying, it was for one of the J-Teams she did with my mum.

Unless the J-Team thing is an elaborate cover...

Sorry, that wasn't very helpful was it?

IchiNiiSan said...

Winchester isn't as bad as any of the london towns. ESPECIALLY CAMDEN WHERE MY FRIEND GOT STABBED! :/