Friday 15 January 2010

Sometimes people can be douchebags.

The initial plan for my blog title was 'Sometimes boys can be douchebags' but girls can be pretty twattish too.

I don't normally judge people before I have properly met them (unless they SEEM posh/chavvy, haha!) but there was this girl and this boy sitting by me in Ashurst who really made me feel disappointed at the human race.

Basically, they are the epotime of the word TWAT.

I will just give you a snippet of their conversation.

Girl : OMG you are such a bitch. I mean you are a proper c*nt.
Boy : I KNOW, I KNOW.
Girl : But she is definitely too ugly for you. I mean, shes pretty fat.
Boy : She's nice, but...
Girl : Did you see her at Shane's party? She was all red in the face.
Boy : You know when you watch a movie and there's a nice guy who falls in love with a nice girl but the nice girls got a crap boyfriend? I'm the crap boyfriend. I must have slept with at least 6 other girls since we've been going out.
Girl : I wish that Dave would cheat on me. Then it would be easier to get rid of him
Boy : He doesn't seem your type...
Girl : I know. I found out he shops in GAP. He is not rich.

At this point I try and slyly turn towards the girl (we are on the PCs, and its hard to not look like I am staring.) excepting someone really glamorous, to justify her bitchiness.

She is not that pretty (although prettiness is not an excuse to be a bitch to your boyfriend) and HE wasn't that pretty either! (although prettiness is not an excuse to be a bitch to your girlfriend!!)

Some of my friends (mainly the more Jack-Wills buddies) treat their boyfriends SO harshly, (or did, before they broke up!)

I know that at Thornden, some people hooked up because it was COOL and holding hands was COOL and kissing was COOL.

But I kinda hoped that everyone had grown out of it..

In my main group of friends I am surrounded by people who are so in love, and even if they have tiny tiffs they really only have love for each other, and CARE about their boyfriends/girlfriends and enjoy being with their lovers. I found this shocking that people STILL judged potential lovers by how rich they were... how JW-ish they were... how pretty they were...

I have met some people at Symonds who are really posh/rich/snobby, but they are still REALLY nice to chat to, and they are real people. When they date they choose someone who suits them. I know its bad to eavesdrop on conversations but revision was BORING and although this conversation made me want to STAB them (haha!) it made me realise how lucky I am.. to have a group of friends who judge me by my personality/retardedness.. who I can have a fun time with... and a boyfriend who I really like spending time with and care about and don't want to get hurt... rather than being with people because they are spoilt and have money given to them on a silver platter and get £100000 allowance a month XD

:)


I love you, friends :)


No comments: