Sunday 24 January 2010

I'm tell ya ONE TIMEEEE...(8)

I watched a music video that annoyed me SO much.

Basically, this rapper invites this 12 year old to a party. This 12 year old is WAY up for it, invites this girl he likes and then tries to hook up with this girl.

Justin Bieber: 'One Time.'

WHEN I WAS HIS AGE (according to wikipedia he is 15, not 12) I WAS PLAYING WITH POKEMON CARDS AND BOYS HAD TO BE AVOIDED LIKE SWINE FLU.

Catch boys, Kill Boys, Bin Boys :) the motto for BOY flu.

Basically in this music video this cutsie-pie boy is trying to act a decade older than he is. MASSIVE HOUSE PARTY, LOADS OF FIT GIRLS.


And the lyrics are even more annoying. At fifteen I didnt care whether I had a boyfriend or not, I was happy frollicking around all care-free and lovely.

I have just been hunting for ONE line of the song that doesnt annoy me. and i failed.

So I was have to copy pretty much ALL of it.

When I met you girl my heart went knock knock
Now them butterflies in my stomach won't stop stop
And even though it's a struggle love is all we got
And we gon' keep keep climbing to the mountain top


And girl you're my one love, my one heart
My one life for sure
Let me tell you one time
(Girl, I love, girl I love you)
I'ma tell you one time
(Girl, I love, girl I love you)


You look so deep, you know that it humbles me
You're by my side, them troubles them not trouble me
Many have called but the chosen is you
Whatever you want shawty I'll give it to you

Your world is my world
And my fight is your fight
My breath is your breath
And your heart


Shawty right there
She's got everything I need
And I'ma tell her one time
Give you everything you need down to my last dime

She makes me happy
I know where I'll be
Right by your side
'Cause she is the one


And I'ma be your one guy
You'll be my #1 girl
Always making time for you
I'ma tell you one time
(Girl, I love, girl I love you)
I'ma tell you one time
(Girl, I love, girl I love you)

Me plus you, I'ma tell you one time
Me plus you, I'ma tell you one time
Me plus you, I'ma tell you one time
One time, one time

Now I generally DO NOT like pop music. But this takes the piss (I apologize to anyone who likes this song.. but if I find out that you DO, i may have to kill you!)

In a way, this song is kinda cute. CHEESY, but cute just the same.

The thing that annoys me is the fact that this pretty boy Zac Efron-ish dude feels such a NEED to get a girlfriend. And act all hard. And sell pop music disguised as r&b. And dress like a chav. And basically act older than he is.

Basically,I have been reading this book (it was supposed to be for my extended project, but its actually quite interesting so I have started reading it properly) called 'Whats happening to our girls?'. The book is about how childhood is shrinking and kids are growing up much faster than they used to. Girls are becoming more interested in make-up and fashion and how thin they are and SEX and guys are more interested in fashion and how buff they are and SEX.

I am not sure where this rant is going, but I wish that kids could be kids, rather than being self-conscious/ wanting to dress up like sluts.

My cousin tagged me in some (pretty embarrasing) pictures of me recently, and they are all from the 1990s. In some I have short hair, in some I have long. In some I look like a boy, in others I still look like a boy.

But I had FUN and I didnt care what people thought and I could have different haircuts and wear my sisters hand-me-downs and muck around and play and BE A KID.

There was a documentary on BBC over xmas called 'The History of now' and it was about the noughties and how our lives changed in the last 10 years and how our societies have developed (sounds boring but as a wannabe sociology graduate its SO interesting) and a lot of emphasis was on young people, basically being whores.

Nick got his first girlfriend yesterday, and today they are not together anymore :(
GET IN THERE ROSS!! :P

and hes growing up SO fast and the cutsie-pie side of him is disappearing. he doesnt have a curfew, my parents dont really care where he is a long as hes back for dinner, and hes getting more bossy.

To conclude, when/if I have kids I want them to be KIDS for at least.. 12 years..
and I want them to be happy and merry and not pressurised into looking a certain way or having the yummiest lovers.

Yeah.

I joined a facebook group called 'Justin Bieber - you don't love that girl, you are only 12..' which pretty much sums up my point :)

No comments: